Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Best Place to live & easily access SE Kuala Lumpur
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Best Place to live & easily access SE Kuala Lumpur

Best Place to live & easily access SE Kuala Lumpur 3 months ago #993

As salaam aleikum wa rahmatulah wa barrakhatu,

I'm moving to Malaysia next week in shaa Allah and need to find accommodation (small 2 bedroom apartment would be great) that allows me to easily access South East KL - by rail I guess as I don't plan to have a car.

I don't mind living a little bit out and commuting in - most importantly, I'm looking for reasonable price, somewhere safe and easily accessible (with public transport) and a Muslim community (or easy access to a Muslim community).

Any suggestions on areas to look would be greatly appreciated ** either in KL, outside KL (whatever has easy access via rail and is a good place to live)

Jazzak Allah khayran,
Kate
Last Edit: 3 months ago by Kate Hepburn.

Re: Best Place to live & easily access SE Kuala Lumpur 3 months ago #994

• Isabelle
  • Administrator
Walaykum assalaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuhu Kate

Which area do you mean by South East KL? Cheras area? Is your place of work near any MRT/LRT station?

Re: Best Place to live & easily access SE Kuala Lumpur 2 months, 4 weeks ago #995

Salaam Alaykum sister,

I believe the nearest station is Bandar Tasik Selatan so I guess anywhere on that line or route that would make it easy to get to that station. I don't really know how long travelling time is or how crowded etc. so really would appreciate any suggestions. I'll be alone so somewhere safe is of the utmost importance to me.

I appreciate the help.

Jazzak Allah khayran,
Kate

Re: Best Place to live & easily access SE Kuala Lumpur 2 months, 4 weeks ago #996

• Isabelle
  • Administrator
Ok I'm not really that familiar with that area but looking at the stations along the line maybe you could look at KL Sentral (condo like Suasana Sentral) or PWTC (condos like Villa Putera, Villa Puteri, Bistari). These are busy areas so not sure if it suits you but they are very convenient in terms of transport.

You could also maybe have a look along the Kelana Jaya Line (Kelana Jaya, Ara Damansara) but that would require one change so it would take longer.

Most Muslim expats tend to stay West (Damansara, Petaling Jaya, Mont Kiara) or North East (Wangsa Maju/Melawati) of the city, and I wouldn't recommend staying around Cheras/Bangi as most people who I knew around there felt quite isolated and eventually moved to other areas.

Try to make as many viewing appointments as you can with agents before you come here (have a look on iproperty.my or propertyguru.my) and you can maybe ask your place of work if they have any recommendations on places to stay.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.15 seconds

Latest Forum Posts

in Schools by Nour, 30-11-17 07:09
in Schools by Rey, 24-11-17 02:20
in Accommodation by Isabelle, 20-09-17 04:48
in Accommodation by Kate Hepburn, 19-09-17 14:06
in Accommodation by Isabelle, 19-09-17 06:56