Username Password: Remember me

BUSINESS AND INVESTMENT FOR FRESH EXPATRIATE
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: BUSINESS AND INVESTMENT FOR FRESH EXPATRIATE

BUSINESS AND INVESTMENT FOR FRESH EXPATRIATE 5 years, 10 months ago #403

Dear Brother,
Assalamualaikum
I am from Bangladesh. Proceeding my papers for MM2H. Inshallah i can move to malaysia end of this year. My main target is to give my 2 kids islamic education. I think AMPANG or Shah Alam could be the right place for me.

I must set up some business there to maintain a reasonable good life with my family of 6 members.

Can anyone suggest me whether i can set up business with a investment of RM 500,000 - 10,00,000.
and which will give me a monthly income to run my family smoothly.

I can give my full time and ready to work physically in my business.

Zazakallah.

Thanks
Newaz

Re: BUSINESS AND INVESTMENT FOR FRESH EXPATRIATE 5 years, 10 months ago #404

• Asim
WS Newaz

I hope the move to Malaysia works out very well.

The business that you set-up would probably be highly dependent on what skills you have. But in general there are lots of potential businesses you could start up for between RM500k and RM1m. In fact you could probably start with a lot less than RM500k.

Generally there is a lot of demand in the Malaysian economy - the economy is growing quickly - and if your business offers a good product or service you will likely do well.

If you have never set up a business before you should be aware that most new businesses (anywhere in the world) fail. For that reason you should not put in a significant investment early on, rather understand the business that you are going to first, test the market, and only invest substantially when you're confident it's all going to work. Even if the business is a retail business renting a shop should really come as late as possible - I know of two friends that rented a shop, spent huge sums on their rent and refurbishing the shop, only to realise that their shop was not in the ideal location.

Finally, under the MM2H, you are not allowed to work in the business or full-time - you are only allowed a passive role. I don't know how strict the authorities are on this.

I hope this helps, and iA it'll work out well...
The following user(s) said Thank You: MOHAMMAD ALI NEWAZ

Re: BUSINESS AND INVESTMENT FOR FRESH EXPATRIATE 5 years, 10 months ago #405

Dear Brother Asim
Thanks for your mail and information.
I am doing Indenting business in Bangladesh. It does not require any big investment .
It is totally uncertain to start indenting in malaysia . So i am keeping it aside.

It would be very helpful if you can suggest me some investment opportunity where i can invest and get a secure
monthly income (of course it should be Halal). Where i do not need to be active (as MM2H require).

Thanks
Newaz

Re: BUSINESS AND INVESTMENT FOR FRESH EXPATRIATE 5 years, 10 months ago #406

• Asim
Newaz

If you need a stable income I can only suggest property.

But again my advice would be to understand the market very well before making a commitment. I know of too many foreigners who have been burnt badly because they have invested without doing their due diligence - KL has its own supply and demand dynamics that need to be understood before investing.

If your budget is RM1m you'll have a lot of choice of condos but condos tend not to appreciate much in the long-term. I would suggest buying something landed (land, house or shop-lot) - the appreciation is much higher long-term. However for land there is no rental return and for houses the return would be around 2%. Shop-lots may be the way forward.

Re: BUSINESS AND INVESTMENT FOR FRESH EXPATRIATE 5 years, 10 months ago #407

Brother Asim
i think it is better i come first and stay and observe 3-4 months and latter decide suitable business.
it seems family and study cost for kids not so cheap and business opportunity is also l title tight .
so have to proceed every steps carefully.

thanks again.

Re: BUSINESS AND INVESTMENT FOR FRESH EXPATRIATE 5 years, 10 months ago #408

Hi Brother Asim

How about your idea investing in a Petrol pump/ Gas station .
Do you have any idea ..?

Re: BUSINESS AND INVESTMENT FOR FRESH EXPATRIATE 5 years, 10 months ago #409

• Asim
Newaz

I'm not that familiar with gas stations.

You can probably make money in gas stations, but you can also make money in restaurants, property development, websites, farming, hotels, etc... too. The sector that you choose doesn't matter that much, although it'd be better to choose an industry that is growing (so websites or tourism would probably be better industries than magazine or newspaper publishing) - what matters far more is the execution - how well the business is run.

Re: BUSINESS AND INVESTMENT FOR FRESH EXPATRIATE 5 years, 10 months ago #410

• Sameer
  • Fresh Boarder
Salaam alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatahu,
Brother,
I am Sameer Hussain from India. I am planning to open a restaurant and am looking for a partner.
Insha Allaah we can be of benefit for each other. You can email me insha Allaah at This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

Wasalaam

Re: BUSINESS AND INVESTMENT FOR FRESH EXPATRIATE 5 years, 10 months ago #412

Dear Brother Sameer,
Thanks for your proposal.
I still could not fix my mind what i am going to do there.
I am keeping your contact and inshallah once i fix my mind i shall contact with you.

Zazakallah.
Newaz

Re: BUSINESS AND INVESTMENT FOR FRESH EXPATRIATE 5 years, 10 months ago #417

Assalaamu alayku w rahamtu allahi wa brakaatuhu,
I am new member.currently I live in the U.S and I would like to move to Malaysia. I am a small animal Veterinarian.Does any body know if a small animal Clinic would be worth opening in Malaysia.
Thanks

Re: BUSINESS AND INVESTMENT FOR FRESH EXPATRIATE 5 years, 10 months ago #418

• Isabelle
  • Administrator
Salaams Riadh

I don't know much about the specifics of opening a vet practice in Malaysia but I think the following principles can be applied to most business start-ups in Malaysia:

- Most businesses are not run that well so if you run your practice professionally and focus on branding and customer service you are likely to do well. My own experience with vet practices in KL (I have a cat) is that most of them are small and not that pleasant and very few have a proper website. Foreign qualifications (esp from UK, US, Australia, etc.) carry a lot of clout in Malaysia.

- There are often many restrictions on foreigners practising certain professions or opening businesses in Malaysia (for certain sectors you need a local partner for example). This article seems to show that vet practices are quite heavily regulated as far as foreign qualifications are concerned:

thestar.com.my/lifestyle/story.asp?file=...45&sec=lifefocus

So my advice would be to do your research before you come to Malaysia about whether you would be able to open your own practice here - do online research, call up government departments (speak to as many people as possible because often you will find that one person says one thing, another says something else and the government website will contradict both of them!), call up some local vets and vet associations.

Hope that helps!

Re: BUSINESS AND INVESTMENT FOR FRESH EXPATRIATE 3 years, 11 months ago #726

• Muhammad
  • Fresh Boarder
Salam alykum Brother Asim
I am from Afghanistan I need your help to setup small business,I lose my family in war and I moved to Iran long time,
Please guide me
enshalla Allah blass you and your family,
Regards,
Muhammad
This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

Re: BUSINESS AND INVESTMENT FOR FRESH EXPATRIATE 3 years, 6 months ago #788

Salam Sir,

If you are still interested and serious with your idea, i would be able to connect you with investors from BANSEA and PWC.
do email me This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

Thank you

Re: BUSINESS AND INVESTMENT FOR FRESH EXPATRIATE 3 years, 6 months ago #789

Salam Brother,

Have you successfully got your petrol station?
  • Page:
Moderators: Asim
Time to create page: 0.29 seconds

Latest Forum Posts

in Schools by Nour, 30-11-17 07:09
in Schools by Rey, 24-11-17 02:20
in Accommodation by Isabelle, 20-09-17 04:48
in Accommodation by Kate Hepburn, 19-09-17 14:06
in Accommodation by Isabelle, 19-09-17 06:56